Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Welcome to EdTechyness

EdTechyness is a place for me to record my thoughts and learning as I progress through my career in education.  After teaching high school science for 12 years, I went back to school to get my masters degree in 2008 and found myself exposed to a world of educational research, action research and reflective practice.  Blown away by all I was learning I began to re-invent myself as an educator.  Integrating technology into learning is a passion of mine and I believe today's students need technology tools embedded into the curriculum and not added as an extra.  Having the tools and training available to teachers is required to make this happen.  I am committed to re-defining education as we know it to improve learning for all students.  In this blog you will find posts on a variety of topics including educational technology, online learning, blended learning, science education, professional learning networks, ed reform and occasionally things I just think are cool.


In recent years I have evolved into an Ed Tech person and I hope you enjoy learning about my EdTechyness.  Work IS my hobby and so this is how I have FUN!  I look forward to your comments and insights as I use my blog and social media tools as  a way to continue my own learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for engaging in the conversation.