Thursday, August 28, 2014

Teacher Led Learning in Del Norte County


Recently, we had a full day of professional learning for teachers in our county. For a couple of sessions we did not have formal presenters, instead, we let teachers lead discussions with their peers. These turned out to be some of the most popular sessions of the day. Session topics included iPads, Chromebooks and a Share Fair. 

Here are the instructions I created for the Share Fair, based on the idea that was shared from +David Theriault. SHARE FAIR INSTRUCTIONS We had over 25 teachers create Share Boards during this session.

One of the teachers who helped facilitate the iPad discussion, +Kendall Pickenpaugh, wrote down some thoughts after the session. I wanted to post her thoughts here so everyone could benefit from the knowledge that was shared.

Here is Kendall's post:
Thank you to everyone who came to the iPad discussion group. That hour just flew by and Pilar did such a great job of introducing us to her favorite apps. I had a few things I wanted to share and was hoping that we could start a dialogue about best practices. Toward that end, I made this google doc editable by all so please feel free to share any techniques or links or what have you. Also, Rae does have an iPad Educators DN Google Community where she shares great gems throughout the year. She would be glad to add you!

Pilar brought up a great point with her need of a 12 step program to stop downloading Apps.
This post from one of my favorite blogs can help with that:
Jo-Ann Fox - AppEducation Jo-Ann recommends One Page of Apps .
Jo-Ann refers to the SAMR Model. She has a great 120 sec overview in the first link above. This is another incredible Resource for the SAMR Model  Interactive SAMR Model

Good Stuff
iMovie = creativity unleashed!
Poem Movies One of my student’s iMovie from last year, if you click on my name, you can see more (you get a youtube channel with your Google Account, great place to share student work so they can show it off!) We used this Storyboard Template to plan.
“Trailer” Feature - Each of the trailer Templates has a specific structure. If we are trying to get the students to integrate technology and give proof of deeper thinking, purpose and forethought are crucial. Here is the link to specific storyboards for each iMovie trailer template. Book Trailers instead of Book Reports...fun!

Nearpod - Interactive delivery/assessment. Engaged kids!
Khan Academy  - some glitches with the help videos for the kids (youtube)
   - goes down to K-2 now

What I want to try this year

Blogs to follow - Please Add more!!!


Jo-Ann Fox - AppEducation

Jennie Magiera - Teaching Like It’s 2999

Finally, my summer goal was to plunge into Twitter. So glad I did! Yes it is social media, but, you can create your own experience and if you follow folks at the end of any of these links (and Rae!) you get to have your own Professional Learning Network delivered right to your device. Retweet gems and they are there for you to read and explore whenever you have the time and inclination. Even if you don’t tweet, it is a great place to learn.

Have a fabulous year!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. This is very interesting information for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this information, I think it will come in handy in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's an interesting video. I like your job. It looks well-done. By the way, do you know some services that are able to rewrite essay online?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea. This approach to teaching is significantly effective, which gives a full qualification assessment of the teacher. Promotes the perception of proven information and, of course, a positive decision. I also came across a corresponding scheme, where I was really supported, assured of my responsibility and I trusted. As a result, received a positive assessment and highly qualified work from professionals with cover letter essay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will always let you and your words become part of my day because you never know how much you make my day happier and more complete. There are even times when I feel so down but I will feel better right after checking your blogs. You have made me feel so good about myself all the time and please write me an assignment know that I do appreciate everything that you have

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teacher-led approaches allow teachers to guide (guide-on-the-side), support, and gradually prompt learners as they compile and build knowledge, relinquishing as much responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scholars can easily choose an online paper help service because thousands of authors are available. It is a wonderful service in one way, as sharing valuable stuff via the internet demonstrates our technological advancement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this best stuff with us! Keep sharing! I am new in the blog writing. All types blogs and posts are not helpful for the readers. Here the author is giving good thoughts and suggestions to each and every reader through this article. literature-essay help with essay writing Quality of the content is the main element of the blog and this is the way of writing and presenting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You concept of teaching blog review is impressive. It’s a nice time visiting your blog today and behold I'm relax reading. Good contents published here. Thanks for sharing; looking forward to read more stuff from this site. fubk cut off mark

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, I have enjoyed reading through this blog and I must say it's such an inspiring teaching sense. You are great and I must appreciate your effort in viewing this site. You have amazing and valuable useful ideas. It is good energy, thanks for sharing. is dangote business school postgraduate admission  form out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for engaging in the conversation.